Those of you that have followed me know my dad was recently diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer. He just started Chemo on Monday and is doing ok. Tired, run down, cold things hurt his throat when he drinks, nausea but in good spirits. I have an Etsy shop and was looking at other cool shops the other night when I can across Etsy Project Embrace.
It all started when a seller on Etsy Laura Slocum was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Other members got together to form a team to reach out to those effected by the disease, give support, create awarness and raise money for cancer research. Some team members have chosen items from their shop and donate some or all of their proceeds from a sale of an item to the American Cancer Society or the American Hospice Foundation.
You know I was thrilled to have discovered this team. Cancer has effected everyone in some way. Like I've said before we all know someone who has won their battle, is fighting their battle and those who have lost their battle. If you want to find items in Etsy that are involved in Etsy Project Embrace on the main page of Etsy in the search box type in teamepe and the items that have proceeds donated will come up. I am very proud to be a member of this team and since I am new I hope I got all the facts right. I was told it is not all about donating - support is a big thing. Everyone that is effected will need support I did and that's when you find out how many great people there are out there. To find out more click here http://www.etsy.com/storque/craftivism/teams-spotlight-etsy-project-embrace-9179/
Have a great night.
Lola xoxo
Hi there,Im your newest follower from the blog hop
ReplyDeleteWould love to have you follow me back at http://beachbabys.blogspot.com/
I am very sorry to here about your fathers recent illness of cancer.My grandfather was diagnosed with stage 2 acute leukemia this past month